We’ve all been there. Searching for a new diet that works. It’s like a never ending cycle. If you’re a habitual dieter, wouldn’t it be nice to stop changing diets? Is there a diet that actually works? You’re not alone. This are questions we all ask ourselves.
Everyone has a habit or a vice. Some people smoke. Some people bite their fingernails. Some people can’t resist having a piece of chocolate before bed time, and others snore when they sleep. Others are habitual dieters, always looking for a new diet that promises astonishing results.
How many new diet plans have you tried? Some people can tick off a list of new diets that they have tried. They yo-yo back and forth. Atkins, weight watchers, the grapefruit diet, the soup diet, the salad diet, the low-fat diet… some people can’t even count every new diet they have tried.
Often, each new diet is punctuated by a day of binge eating. Sure, you lost weight on that latest low-carbohydrate new diet, but now you’re craving a baked potato, French fries, and a big piece of garlic bread. Been there?Wouldn’t it be great to find a new diet that allows you to eat all the foods you want while still losing weight?
The key is focusing on whole foods with the most nutrition. Have you been counting calories and focused on cutting foods? Instead think about eating all you want. Learning to focus on when your body is hungry and then feeding it with some of the most nutrient dense foods rather than junk processed foods. This is why you can eat a donut with many calories and be hungry 30 minutes later. The fact is that the donut had calories and certainly fed your body but it lacked nutrients. Therefore, your body knows it still needs nutrients so it signals that you are hungry again and the viciuos cycle starts again.
So how do we overcome this? I’ll be honest. It’s not easy but it’s worth it in the long run. Here are some ways you can do so.
- Focus on nutrient dense foods
- These foods will provide more of what your body is actually craving which are nutrients and vitamins that support a healthy body.
- Listen to what your body is actually telling you
- Your body is an extremely intelligent being. Did you know that studies now are showing that your gut is more controlling of your emotions and behavior than your brain. Ever been hangry? They you know what i’m talking about. While that is more of an extreme case it shows it.
- Don’t eat when not hungry
- Been there late at night, bored? Finding yourself opening the refrigerator, not necessarily because you’re hungry but more because we’re either bored or looking for the satisfaction that food would give us that our life may not be providing? It’s ok, we’ve all been there. With all the stress around us, it’s hard for us sometimes to get deep within our body and actually feel.
- Rid yourself of processed foods
- In our fast paced world, this can be so difficult. But the reality is, the fast food and processed food around us are killing us. We’ve gotten so far away from the source of food. With the industrial revolution we started creating foods in a plant and stopped consuming the plants. We’ve been eating whole foods for so long in our history. Processed foods are a newer creation. Our bodies are not adapting so fast to this change.
- Start with adding more vegetables
- Don’t expect you can just wake up tomorrow and have this down. This is a way to set yourself up for failure. Start slow. Start by adding just one additional vegetable to your plate each meal. It’s a concept called crowding out. Start by crowding out the junk by adding in the good stuff.
Get back to true nature and whole foods. If you focus here you will be able to create a sustainable lifestyle. I know it’s not easy but that’s why I am here. I can help. Start today by signing up for my FREE Mom Hacks Download which includes “5 Hacks Every Mom Should Know to Make Her Life Easier” and a BONUS, “My Secrets behind raising a happy and healthy family” guide.
Feel free to share your secrets or benefits below! I’d love to hear more success stories. 🙂