Lately I have had a lot of people asking me about what I eat and for some ideas on some recipes. I decided I would begin to post a few recipes each week that I enjoy. Some are staples in my house, others are kind of random when I need something quick like this egg roll in a bowl, and others are when I feel like experimenting. Soon I will post some of my favorite dessert recipes too!
Easy Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 1/4 lb spicy bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.
Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!